A varied and sometimes erratic record of what I'm learning inside and outside of the classroom

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Dawn of the Digital Age in My Life

This, my friends, is the beginning of a new era in the course of my existence.

It is interesting that the first topic for our Honors Civilization/Digital Culture course should be New Worlds and Worldviews; blogging and the digital world at large is a new world for me. However, I've always believed in broadening my horizons, and the digital world is the new frontier; I am greatly looking forward to increasing my digital literacy and looking at the past through the lens of the present and future and vice versa. It promises to be most enlightening. So, to quote Christopher Columbus:

"For this purpose I determined to keep an account of the voyage, and to write down punctually every thing we performed or saw from day to day, as will hereafter appear."

And so I embark on what I expect will be a grand adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, that's great how you use a quote right from Columbus about your own educational voyage of discovery. Happy navigating the waters of enlightenment...

    ReplyDelete