Our book, What Jane Austen Ate and Charles Dickens Knew by Daniel Pool, is basically an urban dictionary of 19th century England, explaining different aspects of life at that period of time. We each chose a section to focus on; mine is entitled "The Private Life." So, in kind of the spirit of the book itself, I decided to make my Prezi an explanation of a few things essential for one to know if one wishes to be a lady or gentleman of the time.
- I logged on to Prezi.com and created an account by clicking on the Sign up link on the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Super easy.
- I watched the video tutorial to get some basics, some of which are:
- Click anywhere on the canvas to add text.
- Click on the text: when the zebra circles appear, the outermost ring can be used for rotation, and the inner for scaling. Click and hold the central one to move the text.
- Click on the Insert circle on the menu in the upper-left-hand corner and click Upload file to add pictures. These are scaled and rotated the same way text is. I recommend using Creative Commons or personally taken photos for all images.
- Once you have added, moved, scaled, and organized content to your heart's content (hahaha) click the Path circle on the menu to determine the order of your presentation. Click on content (text, images, etc.) to number them.
- Click Show on the menu to see your finished Prezi! Here is mine: