A varied and sometimes erratic record of what I'm learning inside and outside of the classroom

Monday, October 11, 2010

A Decision Has Been Made! (I Know You're Excited.)

Our group has decided on our book! We actually decided last week, but since my computer is out for the count I've been a little slow on the uptake. The official decision was the book suggested by Katherine, entitled, Transforming Women's Work: New England Lives in the Industrial Revolution by Thomas Dublin.

In the preface, Dublin writes, "I began in 1893 a broader collective biographical study of New England women workers in five occupational groups. Out of that initial study, with numerous detours, emerged this book." A quick perusal of the table of contents promises a detailed explication of this study complete with tables and pictures. I hope I'll be able to do this wealth of content justice in our quick sprint through this book. Click here to take a peek inside on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment