A varied and sometimes erratic record of what I'm learning inside and outside of the classroom

Thursday, November 11, 2010

2010 Flashback to the Cold War Era

 I thought I was done blogging for tonight, but it was not to be.

So I'm sitting on the couch pounding away at an essay when my concentration is broken by my roommate's startled exclamations from behind her laptop, where she is looking at the Yahoo news site..

"Whoa--look at this! I'm so out of touch!" She reads me this headline:

Top Russian spy defects after unmasking U.S. ring

Apparently a high-ranking Russian foreign intelligence official betrayed the entire ring of Russian spies in America he was over into U.S. hands back in June, and he has now defected to the United States. It blew our minds to learn that things like this still happen in 2010, a couple decades after the end of the Cold War with the arms race and space race and tension over communism.

Hunt for Red October, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment