A varied and sometimes erratic record of what I'm learning inside and outside of the classroom

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sticking to It

I heard a saying once that goes, "Good scholarship has less to do with intelligence and more to do with keeping your butt in the chair."

Well, if that's true, today I'm gonna need some superglue.

It was a late night last night (somehow I always have difficulty making myself go to bed at a reasonable time) and an early morning (studying for the first of my five midterms this week) and it's one of those days that I wish I could just go home and climb into bed. Hence, the superglue.

Provided I can find said chair to adhere myself to, that is, I thought to myself as I scanned the 4th and 5th floors of the library. Apparently everyone else has midterms this week too.

Happily, I finally found myself a study carroll in an obscure corner on the 5th floor, and if the guy sitting 2 chairs down keeps his music at a reasonable level we'll get along swimmingly, and I will be free to translate my Latin sentences and study the Romantic period of literature in peace.

Feel free to come unstick me at about 5:30-6:00; I'll probably be getting hungry around then, and I should probably make an appearance at FHE tonight.

P.S. My younger brother Nate actually tried gluing a girl to her chair once back in elementary school. Apparently Elmer's brand isn't quite strong enough for that kind of adhesion. :)

Photo credit: homard.net

No comments:

Post a Comment